TNM approaches NetiApps to rebuild their site. TNM had a ROR based and asked us to build a more robust web platform using Drupal enabling better scalability, feature enhancements and architecture. At the same time they wanted a new design to be implemented that would be user friendly as well as a responsive design. NetiApps was contracted to develop the portal with complete data migration to Drupal 7. There were approximate 50,000 news/article to migrate. We have implemented a new look and feel enabling the right rendering for mobile thus ensuring that TNM’s growing mobile readership. The development also involved integration with ad networks that is one of the revenue for TNM to get a further boost. NetiApps recommended changes in the area that industry best practice could be implemented on the TNM’s portal. We have also successfully migrated the entire article from ROR to the Drupal.
Large future rich news portal development
We have crafted the site to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitor to tablets & mobile phones
Content Management & Authorization Workflow
The portal will extend content management support for a variety of contents. We have implemented the content versioning system that help the editorial team to create different versions of the same article.
We have implemented category management to segregate the articles entered by the users. The same article can be published in different categories.
The application supports a role based user system with fine-grained access control to moderate privilege, feature exposure and content access.
The ranking system allows the user to rank a particular article in the home page and article landing page. According to ranking user can position a particular article in different regions of the portal.
One of the big challenge was to migrate the entire article/news to the new Drupal 7 portal. NetiApps team successfully migrated all article from the ROR based website to the new portal.
Ad management was the key requirement of TNM. We have incorporated an advertisement system that enables administrator to post various advertisements into enabled regions in sites display template. NetiApps implemented.
- Banners ads with media types/sizes as applicable to the template design.
- Category and city wise advertisement
- Customizable group for different advertisement
- Facility to set impression, clicks and number of days
- User-friendly ad scheduler makes it easy to schedule ad activation and expiration
- Advertisement Expiry Notification
- Analytic Report
- Support Flash Ads. Upload SWF file and it will automatically show up in your block.
- Dynamic Ad rotation
- Capture useful statistics including CTR, ad impressions, clicks for 1 hours, one day, one week, one month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and all time.
- Option to count clicks/impressions only for certain user roles
- 1 SPOC / PM
- 1 Drupal Architect
- 1 Database Architect
- 3 Drupal Developers
- 2 UI / UX Designers
- 1 QA