DTDC Social Connect portal Case Study
Our Client, DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd is one of the largest courier company in India and having more than 7000 franchisees and branches worldwide. NetiApps was asked to implement a social connect portal to amplify the 25 year celebration at DTDC.
Highlights of the Portal
The driving idea behind the portal is to reach out to DTDC’s current & potential Stakeholders across geography & demographics, to run engagements that keep the audience hooked to this medium. Portal will showcase different activities being organized by DTDC to engage all stakeholders and position in an appropriate manner.
We decided to go with Drupal because of the modular development that makes it so popular for community sites as well as its flexibility and scalability that will make the site easier to modify or expand as its user base grows. The websites look and feel corresponds to DTDC’ silver jubilee celebration motto ‘Celebrate the supply chain of happiness, “Dream - Dare - Deliver”'. The key features are
- Responsive Design : we have crafted the site to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitor to tablets & mobile phones
- Content Management : The website will extend content management support for a variety of content like user profiles, landing pages, articles, news and events, knowledge basis and wikis, blogs, Dynamic navigation pages and sections, media (image and video galleries), etc.
- Social- Intranet-Connect : This portal facilitate to connect employees and franchisees of the DTDC family. We have integrated a web services with their third party legacy application, where employee and franchisee can login to the portal using their employee/franchisee ID. The features incorporated are
- User profile
- User Dashboard
- News Feed
- User Stories/Blog
- User Groups
- Invite Colleagues
- Social Media : Integrated Facebook, twitter, Pinit and LinkedIn to the portal and this integration helps to add social elements to the portal. The visitors of the website can login using Facebook single sign-on, i.e: visitors can use their Facebook login credentials to login to the system. It will be a funnel for the first-time visitors to subscribe to and engage with the portal. It encourages social sharing by website visitors through their own social media accounts
- User profile and Dashboard : All the registered users can hold their own profile with their basic user details with their own user dash board. The system allows a member to change this specific information, in which case an automatic admin notification and approval system should be in place so the new information can be checked before it becomes active.
- Timelines and Updates : This section showcase all the recent updates of the DTDC portal with whatever new Buzz’s happening relating to contests, albums, etc.
- DTDC 25 Years on Wheel : ‘25 years on wheel’ is a campaign that DTDC celebrate all across India. For this, DTDC will have four buses running across North, East, South and West region of India with different activities. In the portal we will have an India map with four buses with a navigation or route map. It will show the navigation/route map where they are travelling and the activities done by each of them. Will have a tool tip and landing page to showcase the activities of this particular campaign. We have integrated Google map API to achieve this.
- DTDC got talent : It is a talent hunt program in line with the 25 years of Celebration program. Employee/Partners of the DTDC family can participate into this program. Registered employee can upload their performance [singing, dancing, mimics, etc] to the system, the judging panel will review those activities and after approval this will be visible to public. Registered users will have a voting system enabled to vote for their favorites.
With a commitment to quality and deep technical knowledge base, NetiApps was able to provide the client a consolidated solution for DTDC’s silver jubilee portal with the flexibility required to handle future growth.
Server side - Linux, Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, [Drupal]