Our client wanted to get into E-Learning and they look forward to showcase multiple courses based on categories and subcategories. User can subscribe to these courses using online payment. The big challenge was the Synchronization between the content management , User Management and the course management .
Solutions and Highlight of the System
We came up with the implementation of a flexible E-Learning platform based on Drupal, Moodle and Drupal Commerce. Drupal used as a front-end system to manage contents and that allowed client for constant updates on the website. However the business requirements in terms of time and depth of the content could not be covered with the conventional E-Learning process. NetiApps decided to use Drupal and Moodle as a platform to manage content and course management. Moodle is used to create courses and their management. Some highlights of the system are given below:
- Custom theme design and integration
- Responsive mobile/tablet friendly UI achieved.
- Drupal-Moodle Integration
- Drupal is used as a Front-End to showcase the courses which are created using Moodle.
- Moodle is used as an LMS to manage courses
- Single Sign-on functionality Achieved using CAS protocol. (Once a user signs on to Drupal, he/she is automatically session into Moodle)
- Course synchronization between Drupal and Moodle achieved using complex SOAP API.
- Synchronization of User –Course enrollment between Drupal and Moodle achieved using complex SOAP API
- Payment gateway integration
- Free-courses flow achieved programmatically. Bypassing the payment gateway and allowing the users a free subscription without payment.
- User-course subscription management achieved using SOAP API.
- Session – timeout to log-out users who are inactive for more than the specific time.
- Session -limit achieved to ensure that no more than one active session of one user exists.
- SSL implementation over OpenSSL
- SSL implementation of EV Certificate achieved.
- Https enabled for Drupal and Moodle.
- Complex user-management and course-management achieved through complex programming
NetiApps overcome many technical challenges and went ahead with the project with the complete requirement of the client. We have successfully completed the E-Learning Portal development within the time-frame and the client is very satisfied with end product
- Custom Theme Design & Development
- Responsive UI
- Learning Management System
- Content Management System