A large feature rich news portal
The New Minute (TNM) is a web portal that will report relevant news stories from across India and the globe. They will also bring you news aggregated from media houses, these will be presented in a crisp and concise manner. Backed by a strong editorial team, TNM will bring together the best of proprietary content with a special focus on the five southern states in India.
Highlights of the Portal
TNM approaches NetiApps to rebuild their site. TNM had a ROR based and asked us to build a more robust web platform using Drupal enabling better scalability, feature enhancements and architecture. At the same time they wanted a new design to be implemented that would be user friendly as well as a responsive design. NetiApps was contracted to develop the portal with complete data migration to Drupal 7. There were approximate 50,000 news/article to migrate. We have implemented a new look and feel enabling the right rendering for mobile thus ensuring that TNM’s growing mobile readership. The development also involved integration with ad networks that is one of the revenue for TNM to get a further boost. NetiApps recommended changes in the area that industry best practice could be implemented on the TNM’s portal. We have also successfully migrated the entire article from ROR to the Drupal.
We have crafted the site to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitor to tablets & mobile phones
Content Management & Authorization Workflow
The portal will extend content management support for a variety of contents. We have implemented the content versioning system that help the editorial team to create different versions of the same article.
We have implemented category management to segregate the articles entered by the users. The same article can be published in different categories.
The application supports a role based user system with fine-grained access control to moderate privilege, feature exposure and content access.
The ranking system allows the user to rank a particular article in the home page and article landing page. According to ranking user can position a particular article in different regions of the portal.
One of the big challenge was to migrate the entire article/news to the new Drupal 7 portal. NetiApps team successfully migrated all article from the ROR based website to the new portal.
Ad management was the key requirement of TNM. We have incorporated an advertisement system that enables administrator to post various advertisements into enabled regions in sites display template. NetiApps implemented.
- Banners ads with media types/sizes as applicable to the template design.
- Category and city wise advertisement
- Customizable group for different advertisement
- Facility to set impression, clicks and number of days
- User-friendly ad scheduler makes it easy to schedule ad activation and expiration
- Advertisement Expiry Notification
- Analytic Report
- Support Flash Ads. Upload SWF file and it will automatically show up in your block.
- Dynamic Ad rotation
- Capture useful statistics including CTR, ad impressions, clicks for 1 hours, one day, one week, one month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and all time.
- Option to count clicks/impressions only for certain user roles
By leveraging Drupal NetiApps help TNM to provide more efficient platform that benefit
- Secure , high performance portal
- Proper migration of article/news
- New design trends/user experience to engage the readers
- Increased the editorial team’s productivity
- Proper ad management facility
- Server side – Linux, Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, [Drupal]
- Design conceptualization
- Drupal theme implementation
- Responsive design
- Web development
- Data migration
- Cloud hosting